Learning Management SystemsFor Business and Education
Choosing the right LMS system for business
Choosing the right Learning Management System for your business can be a daunting task. The LMS system is specific software used to help train employees as a requirement for certain certifications, or regulatory and compliance agencies.
The LMS infrastructure needs to:
- Be able to manage the content of the training
- Assess the training goal
- Track the progress of meeting the goals
- Collect the data to supervise the learning process for the entire organization
- Allow the user to:
- Register for a course
- Administer the course
- Determine the shortcomings from taking the course
- Track and report the outcomes of the course
Some LMS systems are used for employee appraisals to discover learning shortfalls and can be a guide to training materials needed to develop the employee.
Some things to consider are:
- Who will manage the content?
- Will an administrator be needed to grant specific user privileges?
- Can the LMS be integrated with a WebEx System if needed?
- Is tracking available?
- Will it integrate with my HRIS System?
- Where will the content be hosted and how secure is it?
- Is the LMS mobile friendly?
Net56 can host LMS Software and maintain the data in a secure environment for any length of time that you require.
Some examples of Software tools are:
LMS tools for better classroom management
Learning Management Systems have a variety of blended learning tools that can be used by school districts, teachers, parents and students for better classroom management in a digital classroom.
- Posting assignments
- Collecting assignments
- Grading assignments
- Returning assignments
- Creating class rosters
- Communicating and collaborating with teachers and students
- Collecting resources for classes or projects
- Creating online courses
- Allowing parents to see student work
- Taking attendance
- Creating and grading quizzes and surveys
- Creating teacher or classroom websites to communicate or showcase students ‘work
- Creating ePortfolios for students to take with them
Some eLearning software tools are: